Tuesday 26 June 2012

Hey honey, I have decided to write...

http://www.dreamstime.com/pair-imagefree3923639d
How exactly do you tell your partner, your lover, your best friend that you have decided to write erotica...and are trying to get it published? I'm still working this out. He and I frequently discuss this new hobby/obsession of mine!

I know it will be a series of conversations that will have me explaining each reason, each planned step, each goal time and again. And I am VERY okay with that because I love him dearly and want to share my successes with him and to be able to cry on his shoulder when things do not go the way I had hoped.

I did know that he might be concerned I was writing about us. One read through a couple of my stories served to convince him that I was most definitely NOT using our intimate encounters as story fodder. The topics and situations I included were so far removed from our lives, he realized he was not written in black and white on my pages.

I continue to learn more and more about the industry, and put more and more time into making a go of it in this erotica world. Some of it makes its way into my being...and into our lives. To date this has been positive, resulting in increased time talking and I truly hope it continues to add to our relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you two are in for a grand adventure! It is difficult to break the news to one's spouse or significant other and then let him READ what you've written. I think my husband was shocked. He supports my writing though.

    ReplyDelete