Thursday 14 June 2012

Slipping into another skin...

When I decided to slide into the world of erotica, perhaps the easiest decision was to work under a pen name. It has allowed me to leave my world and experiment, dominate, submit in ways I never thought possible...oh I knew they existed, but they were on the other side of the fence so to speak.

I am able to close my eyes and picture sexy scenes playing out in front of me as a viewer rather than as a participant, pulling scenes from my life. That might be a little too close for comfort.

http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

The past few months have been about getting settled in my writing. The past few weeks have been about finding a social media presence for my steamy alter ego - facebook, twitter, this blog. There could be other online projects in my near future.

My writing has developed, thanks in part to some great friends and editors. I now have several short stories out for consideration in various anthologies and I'm ten chapters into a novel and have more ideas brewing.


As I interact with more and more authors - in my hometown, in my province and aroud the world - the support has been incredible. The sense of being a part of something has helped when my resolve weakened.

Will success be immediate..or even in the short term: I do not think so. Any hills I crest will be the result of planning, hard work and effort.

Over the next days, weeks and months I plan to post some of my writing to get people wanting more, hanging on my every word and needing that next piece of me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey, Shayna. Writing really is a steep enough learning curve, but when you add all the promotional responsibilites authors are expected to shoulder now, it can become overwhelming. I suspect your posts here will help you stay grounded. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete