Thursday 23 August 2012

Impulse Affair - Part 2


My day began like any other; the routine of alarm clock, shower, choosing clothes, hair and make-up. I drove out of the condo parking lot at my usual time, headed for my coffee stop. The drive-through line for Starbucks was its usual three cars long, and the regular barista handed me my venti mocha with a smile.

The rest of my drive was uneventful and I got my usual space on the fourth parking level. I made my way to the elevator, headed for the 22nd floor. And that’s when my day changed.

He got on at the third level and our eyes met. He smiled and my heart skipped a beat. My mouth went dry and I took a sip of my mocha. I had seen him many times before, always at a distance. He was sexy and had an open smile.

Inhaling deeply, he looked in my eyes, “Mocha…yummy.” It should have been tacky, creepy even, but it sent sexy shivers up my spine. I bit my lower lip as he took a step closer. His lips looked full and I wanted to feel them pressed against mine.

“You work in the building, don’t you?” I managed a weak nod. “I see you every day, but I usually get the next elevator. I’m with the ad agency on the 14th floor.” His voice gave me goose bumps and I couldn’t ever remember being so affected by a guy.

“I’m with the public relations firm on the 22nd.” I was trying to be casual, but the flush on my face gave me away.

He reached around and pushed a button on the gleaming copper wall. He wasn’t wearing a wedding ring. The elevator jerked to a sudden stop. I gasped as his hard body pressed against me. I was having trouble breathing.

“Play hooky with me today Duchess. Let’s get into all kinds of trouble together.”

I should have said no, been horrified, but I paused. Why shouldn’t I take a chance and have some fun? I always took the safe road and then regretted it.  His hands were beginning to do crazy things to my body. With his biker boots, dark jeans and black t-shirt, he was exactly what I wanted. I grabbed his t-shirt, pulled him down to me and whispered in his ear, “Take me away from all this.”

He started the elevator again, hitting the button for the fourth parking level. When the elevator doors opened he pushed me forward and I moved quickly to my car. Once inside, the reality of what I was about to do hit me. I texted my best friend, letting her know what I was about to do. I also texted my boss and gave an excuse for my absence then drove up the ramp, stopping one floor up. He was leaning against a dusty jeep, waiting for me. With a sexy grin he climbed in the jeep, started it up and pulled out in front of me.

Driving out of the building, he turned towards the highway and the airport. I could see him check the rear view mirror every few minutes to make sure I was still there. Paying close attention to his car, I was caught off-guard when he pulled into the parking lot of a new and very ritzy hotel.

We parked next to each other and I sent another text just to keep my best friend in the loop. I might be throwing caution to the wind but that didn’t mean I wasn’t going to play it safe.

1 comment: